RC10 B3 #2

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

teman
Approved Member

RC10 B3 #2

Post by teman »

This will be my sons first REAL rc and the "build a model" project for Cub Scouts :mrgreen: Much thanks goes out to Tim.S who sold me the buggy :D
Yes, I know it's already pretty much built but I will disassemble it, bag everything, put it back in the box and then let him re-assemble it with guidance 8) He has some familiarity with this particular buggy so it should be easy for him. Lots of new parts and electronics at this point, and the rest on the way. I still have about a month to obtain everything I need, so I'm in good shape.
P1011128.JPG
P1011129.JPG
P1011127.JPG
-Kevin

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: RC10 B3 #2

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Very cool! My 6 year old is in Tiger Cubs and brought his T4.1 to scouts a few weeks ago to show the cubs hobbies. The cubs didn't want to play with anything else in the room 8) Miles felt like a million bucks!

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

Coool :mrgreen: He's 9 and at the Bear rank now, such an excellent program for all ages :D

Out of all the Rc's he's driven he seems to like this one the most, so it's perfect 8)
I plan to put some vinyl on the metal parts so they don't get scratched up too bad :lol:
Motor wise we're going to do a Speed Gems 15tx2 with a Dynamite Taser 15t F-R ESC if I can't get us a Novak Super Rooster :wink:
-Kevin
-Kevin

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

I bought the Speed Gems 15tx2 / Dynamite Taser 15t F-R ESC combo, but that motor is waay to fast for him - might be too much for the ESC also :oops: :lol: I put in a stock 15t for the time being until I find something better :wink: It runs pretty good, still waiting on a few new minor items then it will be done - new front arms, battery pads etc. If anyone has a suggestion on the brushed motor, fire away :?:
P1011141.JPG
-Kevin

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

I bought another motor a Speed Gems 17t double thinking that will be perfect, so one or the other will go in it soon 8)

This week I did the body & graphics since I know he can't really do those things just yet. In the past he saw a body that was a splash design he really liked so that's what I put together for him :mrgreen: I used my standard approach - Pactra back spray with vinyl exterior graphics and dubbed it #98 - I think it came out pretty cool :twisted:
-Kevin
P1011158.JPG
P1011160.JPG
-Kevin

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

Looks great. If your up for it there is a shed load of spares for sale for the B2/3 and may be a good idea to make an offer for the lot.

Link below.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86946

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

That car turned out very nice.
Kyosho Fan2 wrote:Looks great. If your up for it there is a shed load of spares for sale for the B2/3 and may be a good idea to make an offer for the lot.

Link below.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86946
I contacted this guy and he's very helpful, and this is a mess load of parts. The price is a bit steep for me though, so if anyone wants to go in on the lot, maybe we can split it up?

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll have the new motor this week to finish the project and then I can get back to building my own rc's :lol: :mrgreen:

As for the parts lot I'll pass, thanks though :mrgreen:
-Kevin

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

Here's the motor... Speed Gems 17t double - runs decent, never overheated :mrgreen:
It looks like the timing was advanced though, not sure if I should be concerned or not?

So I'm just about done, only some small things left like new springs, battery... whoo-hoo 8)
P1011169.jpg
-Kevin