Inside scoop - Typischdesign (German langauge - sorry!)

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Minicooper 35
Approved Member

Inside scoop - Typischdesign (German langauge - sorry!)

Post by Minicooper 35 »

Hi guys!

Member germanRC10gt just send me this link

http://www.spiegel.de/auto/fahrkultur/0,1518,541223,00.html

It's a feature of a German news magazine about Oliver "S." bettern known as "typischdesign". Unfortunately it is in German language but the few pics speak for themselfes.

Hope you like

Cheers

Seb
"The things you own, they end up owning you."

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Re: Inside scoop - Typischdesign (German langauge - sorry!)

Post by RETRO R/C »

Olivier is a great guy - and very reserved about his collection. He is not shy when it comes to buying though!

Basically - it transcribes like this:

Moved after the Toystory
Of Dirk Maxeiner
Olivier S. is model autocollecting tank: fanatisch, with the utmost care - err. Over thousand vehicles and more than 1500 kits he keeps in a Hamburg underground parking. During the day schlummern it the inside one the cardboards - at night they awake to the life.

"admitted, that is a lonely thing", says Olivier Sebastiani* "and I is the worst one of all". The man purged to a passion, which one does not regard to him necessarily. It for nights combs the InterNet on the search for new objects of its longing. Agents and informers know from his secret mission and stop everywhere in the world the eyes for it. The Trophaeen is then accommodated in a mysterious underground parking in Hamburg industrial quarters.
Only inaugurating know, what takes place there down. And there are many humans, those will to foot after Santiago de Compostella pilgern, in order to be allowed to throw once a view into these premises. Finally so a kind world cultural heritage stores underground: the largest collection of remote controlled model cars on this side of the Milky Way. Among experts the valuable pieces "RC models" are called. RC stands for "remote control LED".
A carefully led inventory list counts over thousand vehicles and well over 1500 kits as well as millions of spare and Tuningteilen. The RC Modeller has the agony of the choice between different tires and rims, chassis and body versions, transmissions and engines. Even in the smaller classes, like for example with the 1:32 models, much functions as in the correct autolife - up to shock absorbers, which are filled with oil. If Olivier Sebastiani with everyone wanted to rush in cabinets and shelves, on tables and on the soil parked Minis little, then many months would offense. In order to prepare and all kits join all pieces of collecting, a whole collecting tank life would already for a long time not be sufficient.
Sometime, then the plan is, is this treasure in the context of an exhibition for the public to be prepared. Thereby the child does not only go in the man around collecting tank passion and. Exactly like correct automobiles, then also their remote controlled miniatures tell of the time taste and of the spirit of the time. The messages are similar as in a good traffic or technique museum - only they can be accommodated on smaller area. That can be done up to the characteristic illustrations, which decorate the original packagings. But a completely own illustration category developed. A special Kuenstlergilde was busy to set the automodels in scene. The pictures tell of unbroken technique optimism, as it was lost into Europe partly, in Asia however today still in full bloom are located.
Who lines up this illustration art in temporal order, a remarkable chronology of the time taste receives. Completely so, as if line up it frontispieces of a pictorial like "time" or "star". Olivier Sebastiani is as standard equipment a designer and can in these just as affectionate as historically interesting pictures sink. The creatures, those inside the cardboards schlummern, awake then as it were to the life, exactly as the toy figures in the famous animated film "Toy story".
The collecting passion was not necessarily into the cradle put to it, the enthusiasm for technology however quite. The family is in former times a case of globalization, Olivier Sebastiani in France was born, its grandfather around Italy before had made themselves earned - as an airplane technical designer. "I feel on the earth's surface better", say Olivier Sebastiani, whereby he ranks among it also the sea surface. During the study it sketched a high it gel yacht with rather trailblazing details, which were gladly copied from it. Sporty solutions did it to it at all. Thus one stolpert in its garage still over a rennsportwagen in the style of the seventies - brand-new, road-suited and on a scale one to one...
MORE OVER...
With the model autovirus the collecting tank was infected, after it had bought a remote controlled MGB kit to a friend as weihnachtsgeschenk. With the Durchstoebern of InterNet offers, catalogs and business he became acquainted with being astonished species-rich biotope of the model cars. The assembly of the MGB was then settled in common nightshifts, which continued to increase the enthusiasm only. "there", then he reminds, "a spark over-jumped himself." Finally the flames bright blazed. Straight ones too "manisch" it sat for nights in the future before the computer and from the InterNet arsenal of the most beautiful RC Modellautos "unprofessionally everything together-bought, which I could do wars".
No blind auction was safe before it. It occurred itself thereby alternating "like a Pluenderer" and "a wild-become hunting dog". It calls his "orientation or experimentation phase" this time. This was a heavy examination for the international collecting tank scene, which this mysterioese gentleman from Hamburg so some treasure before the nose away-snatched. And also the patience of its wife was substantially strained. In a scientific Phaenomenologie of the collecting tank the speech is probably not whole to injustice of a every now and then taking place "shift of tenderly affectionate needs of the partner to the object of the collection".
AUTOMODELS: TOYSTORY

The different models conquered first shelves and cabinets. Then they occupied a kitchen in the basement, which was rigged to the workshop. From there the tide sloshed in corridors and garages and finally in the weekend house. And shortage of parking space decided there prevailed, a large area in the underground parking was rented. But that was soon already again too small and in such a way took place a wall break-through to a second area. And from there it continues probably according to all rules of the underground work soon. Darkness, cool temperatures and drynesses have an important function for the receipt of the collection: In the daylight outgassing the sensitive kunststoff-Karosserien of the small Flitzer faster, inflexibly and will lose their colors. The durable preservation of the valuable pieces is not simple.
After the phase of the rage and the Raubrittertums in the meantime the consolidation of the collection began. That could be done to other collecting tank nature exactly the same. Anne Morow Lindbergh, the woman of the famous ocean flier Charles Lindbergh, was for example a passionierte Muschelsammlerin. And it wrote once: "as all, I began my bags bumped out and damp, which were scattered buecherregale filled out and the window boards to sight my wealth and meet a selection."
2. Part: Also one can control the process of a Happy Hour - with a remote maintenance

Also Olivier Sebastiani searches and collects long systematically. The large marks with the RC models are called not Mercedes or Porsche, but Associate, Hirobo, Yokomo, Kyosho shoemakers, Marui, Nichimo or Tamiya - over only some few to call. Traditionally Japanese manufacturers, which is because of the specific national character, have the largest market share. "the Japanese have simply the appropriate play-rubbed", tell Olivier Sebastiani, "that in the research departments of the Japanese industrial enterprises are also purposefully promoted." The emphasis of the collection Olivier Sebastiani consists of Offroad models on a scale 1:10 with electric motor.
RC-MODELS: EXCURSION BY THE UNDERGROUND VAULT
They were built for the seventies to hundredthousands, however also in the same speed wore. The conditions of the finishing technique at that time force Olivier Sebastiani large respect off: "those worked in mass production with fiber glass and aluminum alloys and were thereby the correct automobile industry far ahead. Absolutely amazingly."
The most important models of the most important manufacturers are with Olivier Sebastiani nearly completely met - above all those of the become extinct offerers. The whole usually as drivingfinished copy and then again as kit. In addition the Tuningteile comes, with which the Gelaendebuggys can be rigged. On a large table stand much dozen this companion. Like a driver camp for the Baja 1000 mile running looks. All stages of development are represented - from the pure standard model to high-prepared unique pieces, which have only few technical details together with the original. The next increase stage are then the something robusteren 1:8 Offroad models. They are about 45 centimeters long.

FOUND IN...
Also the "Glattbahn" racing cars, which are copied from sports cars, prototypes or formula racing cars, of the seventies and eighties sixties, offer a true eye pasture. In the sixties were often pure self-'s buildings, which changed then gradually into Kleinstserien. With the current vehicles of this category spectacular world championships are driven out, whereby even the material battle accepts courses of a correct running circus. Materials such as carbon or titanium belong to the standard, exactly the same as pre-heated tires or quick-locking mechanisms for the rims. The settings of the chassis are determined and guarded with the computer like a state secret. The mini racers fly between the curves as fast back and forth as a match ball between Boris Becker and André Agassi. Consequence: After ten minutes the public the neck musculature hurts.
MORE OVER...
Model car passion Tuning collecting tank collect
to MIRROR KNOWLEDGE
During the course by its vaults Olivier Sebastiani constantly new bitebite bites zaubert out. For example a Satan formula 1 as kit on a scale 1:6. Even the original cardboard is held together by Poppnieten - exactly like it with correct formula a 1-Wagen to be used. Or a drivingfinished Ford Cobra 427 Shelby Cobra with OHC V8 engine as Scale model on a scale 1:4 of Conley, the USA. Under the hood as in the original a Achtzylinder(!) four-stroke engine works. "and also like a V8", white Olivier Sebastiani sounds. The Cobra weighs about 25 Kilos and stands with a purchase price of five figures in the list. Twelve-cylinder and wankel engines, tanks and jeeps, amphibious vehicles and amphibious vehicles, motorcycles and Trikes - there is nearly nothing that does not give it on the market of the remote controlled model vehicles.
AUTOMODELS: TOYSTORY
Olivier Sebastianis special affection applies for the tri aluminum models and the matches, which are delivered thereby. That may be because of the fact that he feels a as large fascination for the American jeep - in the original as in the model. "the pure at this car, four wheels, an engine, a steering wheel and a little sheet metal provokes me." Therefore it developed a jeep with a particularly efficient chassis on a scale 1:10.
In the USA is also the so-called "Crawler" much likes. Those are extremely climbingable models, with which one can drive if necessary by the stairway into the first stick. There are not original models for it already long any longer. The model cars overhauled their large brothers in this area technically. Thus first characteristic wheel suspensions at photographs of point of four emerged with the Minis, which can extremely. In the meantime the technical designers imitate this technology for adults of competition vehicles.
Which began as model construction, emancipated gradually of its large models and radiates itself into the correct life. So is the transition between model and robot long flowing. Today damage in sewage systems explores tiny cross-country camera mobile. Military begin mini tanks for remote controlled defusing of explosive devices. Space technicians use the know-how with their drafts for moon and Mars mobile. Such a NASA Rover with original Mars-deaf would be naturally a completely special piece of collecting tank. Finally transport such a vehicle also important teachings: of the Kollateralnutzen of the play impulse.

OBVIOUSLY - you will have to make allowances for the transcription to English.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Marty
Approved Member

Post by Marty »

:shock: awesome!
i'll print it out and let my girlfriend know "it could have been worse" ;)

danke für den link minicooper!

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I like how even though he is immensly rich he is still running into the same problem we all have and that is space! His storage looks like something out of Ikea but with model cars stacked floor to ceiling. Hats off to the man he's done it in style. 8)

I also find the shots of him where you can't see his face make me think he's the bad guy from 'No Country for Old Men!

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

Amazing!
The translation is somewhat tough to read, does it say what he does for his day job? He is obviously very organized and has $$$, engineer maybe?

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

aconsola wrote:Amazing!
The translation is somewhat tough to read, does it say what he does for his day job? He is obviously very organized and has $$$, engineer maybe?
Hahaha he owns Typisch Design, they are a large design house, automotive, interior, etc, etc they've done it all.

http://www.typisch-design.com

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

I have dealt with Oliver for many years now - he is an engineer, entrapanuer - you name it. His design work is stunning and has some very high profile companies in his portfolio. That being said - he is a private man, you will never see or hear him braggng about what he has - it is a genuine passion that he has for his hobby.

Cheers

Darryn
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

WOW, I assumed he had a lot of stuff, but WOW, WOW, WOW. I guess the one question I would like an answer to is, where does he find the time? My insignificant day itself is busting at the sems.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

mrlexan wrote:WOW, I assumed he had a lot of stuff, but WOW, WOW, WOW. I guess the one question I would like an answer to is, where does he find the time? My insignificant day itself is busting at the sems.
That's exactly what I thought too...maybe he doesn't sleep?

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Whats even funnier to me is that i learned about him from his design firm before i ever knew of him in r/c. I guess I have two things in common with... designer and I have all my crap piled on shelves underground too... now if i could just scam like 4 or 5 of those NIB Blazing Blazers. Well he doesn't have his picture with Mike Reedy, EAT MY DUST SEBASTIANI. lol :twisted:

*edit* I also speak German ... damn I may as well change my name to Olivier!

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Darryn, any chance you can change the text colour to someting a little more 'conventional' ?

Yellow on white just doesn't work... :(

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Not a drama - I use the black/grey layout - so perhaps you should just change?? jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz

LOLOL - Joke mate - consider it done.

Cheers

Darryn

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Darkl blue writing on a black background :roll:

Hey mods can you just ban the use of coloured writing as there is no point and someone always ends up unable to read it?

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Far out - last time I try and make things easy !! jeeeeeesh :shock: :roll:

Mods - change if you dont like the bold - was just trying to make the text more obvious! :lol:

Cheers

Darryn

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

RETRO R/C wrote:Far out - last time I try and make things easy !! jeeeeeesh :shock: :roll:

Mods - change if you dont like the bold - was just trying to make the text more obvious! :lol:

Cheers

Darryn
No I wasn't singling you out and having a go, it's just it keeps happening on the site and some people have a white background and some people have a black background and so colours are just hard to read.

Thanks for trying and I am sorry to annoy but I don't see the need for the colours as it just makes things illegible.