Another re-release from Tamiya

The place for all things re-release Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ireg
Approved Member

Re: Another re-release from Tamiya

Post by ireg »

Im torn between the two either :(
the pride of having the original one is priceless to the eyes of others, but for some its nothing if you are not the one who assemble it and one maybe hesitant to play due to worries that some parts are brittle due to old age. (its only based on my opinion, i might be wrong due to lack of experience in having a vintage cars)
Having a new one is more exciting based on the feeling of first time owner and the fun of assembling it . But we know its re-re and cant match the original :P

mikenice
Approved Member

Post by mikenice »

wish kyosho would rerelease some old cars/trucks but ya that will never happen.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

mikenice wrote:wish kyosho would rerelease some old cars/trucks but ya that will never happen.
I'm a Kyosho fan and I'm glad that this will never happen. :) Or at least I HOPE it never happens...
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Tamiya kind of makes me laugh in a way. They are so gung-ho about squeezing every last drop and then some out of their models that they will sell the same vehicle with 20 different body changes, and as if that wasn't enough they then make the same ones all over again!

I think Tamiya has only produced 12 different models in the last 30 years. :P :lol:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Lowgear wrote:Tamiya kind of makes me laugh in a way. They are so gung-ho about squeezing every last drop and then some out of their models that they will sell the same vehicle with 20 different body changes, and as if that wasn't enough they then make the same ones all over again!

I think Tamiya has only produced 12 different models in the last 30 years. :P :lol:
Yup. I think Tamiya is kinda like Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Saab (before the recession kicked 'em in the nutz, anyway)....all divisions of the same parent company, all producing similar vehicles from the same chassis. Recent example as I was looking into buying a GMC Envoy in the early to mid 2000's: GMC Envoy, Chevy Trailblazer, Buick Rendezvous, Oldsmobile Bravada, Saab 9-7X...all the same frickin' vehicle under the skin. :roll:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

Don't think this has been posted in this thread, Here is a step by step build of the 2011 Avante

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=501

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Well that was very interesting. :) Though I'll tell you right now I don't think I'd be able to run CA glue down the sides without ruining everything and sticking my fingers together. I wonder how clear nail polish would work?

mikenice
Approved Member

Post by mikenice »

WOW! THAT RERELEASE SELLS FOR $470???? YA ILL PASS ON THAT RERE!

ireg
Approved Member

Post by ireg »

Surely and very surely, I will grab one if only money is not a problem :lol:

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

Coelacanth wrote:
mikenice wrote:wish kyosho would rerelease some old cars/trucks but ya that will never happen.
I'm a Kyosho fan and I'm glad that this will never happen. :) Or at least I HOPE it never happens...
i feel the same! i collect car's that are hard to find and believe i can come across most tamiya's at any stage, just look at the ammount of people online at time's on tamiya club, it's huge!! they are what the average person bought as they were cheaper and the boxes were a big appeal, for the smaller masses that wanted to race to win tamiya's were not very popular at all.

we all show off our car's with a lot of pride mostly because they are bloody rare as! if everyone has the same thing it's just not nearly as popular and the interest would die in my opinion.

eg, if everyone had a set of tecnacraft wheel's who would really give two stuff's? that applies to all our cool stuff.

when a new built avante come's to a vintage meet everyone is like wow!!!! if's there is 20 well! we know the answer to that.

i let all my rc mate's drive and admire the rare car's in my collection, that why they like them so much because they want them.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

GJW wrote:
eg, if everyone had a set of tecnacraft wheel's who would really give two stuff's? that applies to all our cool stuff.
I'm not sure about that, I'm sure there are enough gold tubs out there for everyone who wants one to have one but most of us here still love them.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

Synergy wrote:
GJW wrote:
I'm not sure about that, I'm sure there are enough gold tubs out there for everyone who wants one to have one but most of us here still love them.
but not new one's, if everyone was posting up a mint example, surely the buzz would die off! thing's that are rare are highly desirable eg mip 4wd, edinger create huge interest and people will bend over backward's to try and get one. remember when nib sand scorcher's were pulling 4500-6000 k, now when they come up there are fewer bid's with a lot less money reached. who would still have 5 of the same rc10 in there collection if a re-re is announced!! the masses talk and ebay get's saturated even by die hard lover's of the hobby, not just the one's out to make money. who would really go out of there way to show off a car that 10's of thousand's have in the in the same condition?? i'm always emailed by people trying to get car's out of my collection :roll:

ireg
Approved Member

Post by ireg »

Those who were able to acquire it before were lucky. :P
This is the chance for those who were not able to buy the first release because they dont have the means to have it before.
This reissue somehowe gives a sense of nostalgia to those who wished to have it before; and this brings back memories which i think is a common ground for those who appreciate it, be it original or re-issue :oops:
I wish they will continue to re-issue but with lower cost :mrgreen:

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

I hear what you're saying GJW and it's great that we're all individuals and different 8) my collecting has little to do with rarity or the interest level of others but more to do with my history and I display them so others know what I'm into, I give you a couple of examples from my showroom, none of which rare but all very much treasured:-

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=58687&sid=18028

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=58063&sid=18028

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=58869&sid=18028

All of which either rereleased or just recently out of production and they're not the only one's, there's a Brat and a Grass Hopper in the collection too.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I'm against the re-releases as well and have caught hell on here for it so its good to see others who feel the same.

It seems to be divided. Some are for vintage R/C's being re-released and some are against it. Both sides make a good argument on why it should or shouldn't happen. I think what it boils down to is if you like it then buy them, and if you don't than stick with R/C's that will never be re-released.