Another re-release from Tamiya

The place for all things re-release Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Darkrider
Approved Member

Re: Another re-release from Tamiya

Post by Darkrider »

Im one of those who like the fact that the Re-res exist. Like others have said it makes it easier to finish rebuilding an original that you stopped working on due to lack of parts. I know for a fact im gonna be watching for broken down re res of this truck so i can finish rebuilding my Stadium Thunder the way its ment to be.

illshou
Approved Member

Post by illshou »

I would think the next logical re-re will be the monster beetle. It would seem that they have pretty much all the tooling to do it.

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

egress would be nice. :wink:

oldskoolracer
Approved Member

Post by oldskoolracer »

I do feel bad for the guys that 'invested' heavily into the retro market, but seriously, did you do it for the 'investment'. I'm sure that's what you told your wife... :D Well, just don't tell her they re-released them and for God's sake, don't tell her what you're really selling those parts for now, because if you think you're not getting any now, just wait. :lol:
If I couldn't work on it, I wouldn't drive it.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

Eyeryone's an individual but for me I'm more than happy to see the re re's keep comming and I'd like to see other manufacturers do the same.

I have like many spent a lot of money on individual models and my collection as a whole but as it's a collection and not a trust fund I have no interest in it's monetary value, I paid the right price at the time and I have no intention of selling so price is matterless.

So common Tamiya give us a Blackfoot, 959, Super Shot, Vanquish, Egress, a proper 3 Speed ........, and Mr Kyosho what about a MK1 Burns, Ultimate, Optima the list goes on, Schumacher, Yokomo, Associated, Losi you all have stuff we want and we're the ones with the money!

:mrgreen:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

Why does tamiya do the re releases and not others ?. By now I would think some other manufactors would jump in. Maybee tamiya are the smart ones they save the tooling and come out what is wanted and release it. Or is it that tamiya is so big they can afford to take a hit when a kit doesn't sell.

tim.sanderson
Approved Member

Post by tim.sanderson »

rctenracer wrote:Maybee tamiya are the smart ones they save the tooling and come out what is wanted and release it.
I think that might be it. This is taken from the kyosho page on wikipedia:
Potential for renewed production.
Since rival company Tamiya renewed the production of popular classic models such as the "Frog," "Grasshopper," "Hornet," and "Hotshot," many fans hope for Kyosho to do the same with its own classics. However, the company has already gotten rid of most of the old frame casts, making prospects of renewed production costly and difficult.

ireg
Approved Member

Post by ireg »

I was informed that re-release of Tamiya vintage cars happen once only, is it right?

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Why would they do it more than that?

ireg
Approved Member

Post by ireg »

I believe it's Tamiya's marketing strategies, they produced limited units so costumers will not have a second thought of buying one.
I just wish they re-release the Fast Attack, although i have not own or even see/play one, from the photos it looks fantastic :P

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Not sure what the business strategy is of Associated these days, but I think they could do ok with a re-release of the gold pan RC10. There are certainly enough people with nostalgia out there who would be interested based on the reactions I've had at the local hobby shop when I brought in my gold pan bashers for odds and ends. Of course they rarely had any parts in stock that fit my car, lol, but they were always interested in the car and it would spark conversations quickly.

Regarding the Avante, I didn't remember it until I looked at the photos but then it came back from my childhood when I was into RC. What a cool car. I went over to tamiyaclub and read some of the long thread there on the Feb 2011 release date, and I think I might have to consider getting one. It's just too wicked looking to pass up even if it wouldn't be more than another toy.

binjaloo

Post by binjaloo »

It was the re-re frog that started my vintage collection. In a span of three months, my one re-re frog grew into a collection of 7 Vintage RC Cars including the following:

Kyosho Turbo Optima
2 RC10 Gold Pans
Old Sand Scorcher with Beetle and F150 Bodies
Team Associated B3

My next addition to my addiction will be the re-re Avante. I could never afford these kits when I was a kid so I say keep em coming please.

ireg
Approved Member

Post by ireg »

guys i have a question regarding the Avante - if given a chance to get 1 between the original and re-release of Avante. Which one would you choose the nostalgia of having the original or the re-release that offers better parts. The price does not matter but can only choose one. :wink:

transamman908
Approved Member

Post by transamman908 »

Original one for me. Nothing like building/owning something from the good ol' days of vintage rc.
If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

binjaloo

Post by binjaloo »

ireg wrote:guys i have a question regarding the Avante - if given a chance to get 1 between the original and re-release of Avante. Which one would you choose the nostalgia of having the original or the re-release that offers better parts. The price does not matter but can only choose one. :wink:
To me as long as the original chassis layout and overall design are the same then I would go for the 2011 Avante. Too bad as it seems that the re-re will not have the Technigold Motor.